Monday, September 7, 2009

Dragonflies

September 7 2009: A couple of weeks ago Andi and I went out for a bike ride. As we started down a dirt road we realized there were hundreds of dragonflies out with us. All over the place! It was a lot of fun to see and ride along with them. Andi (usually petrified of anything with more than 2 legs (with the exception of dogs and cats)) had a great time....after all dragonflies are fairies in disguise! (according to one of her books)
Above is the park where I was able to get the pictures of these two colorful dragonflies.
At first I thought the abundance of the dragonflies we saw was due to the fact that I bike ride was down a dirt road with lots of trees and grass. But then this weekend Andi and I found them outside our house. I just can't believe the number of them. The last time I saw things in great hordes, it was tent caterpillars (shudder) in Northern Michigan.
The dragonflies are a horde of creepie crawlies that I'll accept any day.