Thursday, June 18, 2009

June 18 (well, almost the 19th, way past my bedtime) 2009
Ok-I know you've seen the picture above before in the blog, but just had to show you the difference a couple of months make! (the above was taken April 8 2009)
And, now it is June...ok, so the shack is still a shack, but it is a well tended garden. Note the wood pile on the right. As soon as the ground cleared farmers started in on the wood. Another farmer down the road has about 8 cords of wood that was cut and stacked in less than two weeks time. (those will be pictures for another time...the wood pile series)

Andi found a lady bug! She is always so happy to find things here in Japan that are just the same as in the states.


Tending a field of carrots. (I'm pretty sure that's what they are.)



June 18- Haven't been out much the last few days. The picture above is from last weekend. The fields will produce their own mist layer...while the fields with planting are clear.
Summer break has started, and Andi and I haven't done much of anything, but clean. I tried to get her to go out and ride her bike today but was told "mom, why won't you just let me have fun...I'm trying to clean!" Well, far be it from me to intrupt. We did go out later on a short bike ride. The fields are thick with ocean fog, very low visibility and very damp...but well I guess that goes with the fog.