Monday, November 16, 2009

Fall Afternoon

November 17 2009: Well, my week has gone by to fast once again. It seems like I barely fall asleep for a nap in the lazy boy chair, and POOF the week has past by! I do love my nap time...but housework and other chores keep getting in the way.
Although, since the 11th there has been no good nap. Andi had no school on the 11th for Veteran's Day, then was also out the next two days for parent/teacher conferences. So, her friends Jolie and Ethan joined us for those two days while parents worked.
As an outing on Friday, we went to feed the "giant sucking fish". I had a big bag of bread products that had built up in the freezer. (I now have a remarkably clean freezer) On our way there, I actually had to pull the car over to separate children.....all three were sitting in the back seat, could hear various "your touching me" "no, you touched me first". My inner mom came out of me and pulled the car over to place a selected child in the front seat. Wow! I've never done that before...
But we made it.....now, just have to make sure no children fall into the water.

Missed most of the fall colors. There were still a few clinging to the trees. Bright colors that I haven't seen in a long time.

Now, I won't give to much detail, as we have visited this location before. Just to say that no, I still don't know the history. I did learn, however, than I can set up a tour with one of the base offices....so perhaps we will learn what this location is about eventually.


No, really, all 3 were happy....just a little on the cold side. Though the ride home went very well. All threee sat in the back seat, but were very quiet! This was pretty much the biggest outing of the long 5 days off. It rained the rest of the time. Did try to get out on Sunday....take Andi to the beach...but it was closed. Barricades up across the parking lot entrance. Andi was bummed as playing in the sand is her relaxation, and walking on the beach is mine. But that was ok, as Sunday it would rain, the sun would shine, then rain, sun, rain, in about 2 hour intervals. A very strange day. But of course Monday came with lots of sunshine just in time for school. Though with the nip in the air, nobody really noticed.




So, today is Tuesday, with another long list of things to do, and like wise procrastinate. Obviously I have returned from my walk. It was the usual walk, so didn't bring my camera...should've of course. On my way home I could here some wild pheasants out in the brush. No point in looking for them, no camera to take a picture with.
Tomorrow it is supposed to snow. If it hasn't by walk time, then I promise to take a different route and see what's around other corners.
Now....it must be nap time!