Monday, December 7, 2009

More walking

Dec 15 2009: This shall be a bit of a short entry today. Andi and I have both been sick since Sunday. Well, she was actually starting on Saturday, but was still in the bouncy stage. Sunday she was quiet....and even took a nap! Kept her home from school Monday and again today. Though I'm not sure why, it's from there that she got this, and was kind enough to bring home and share. My fever seems to be gone finally. Just left with a sore throat from drainage (I'm sure this is just TMI for some folks....I shan't tell you the color however....we'll leave some things a mystery)

So in exchange for a few sick days, I shall give you more houses from another walk last week. The only one of great mystery is the one above....It is just packed....well, the windows are, one can only assume the rest of the house is in the same shape. It is unfortunate that we also use it as a landmark...."you know, go past the messy blue house and take a left" We once saw a car packed to the ceiling with stuff, decided they must be from this house.






A funeral hearse. I don't know, I think it's a grand way for a send off. There are also some very ornate flower displays that happen outside the funeral home. This was outside a funeral home (I assume) but no other cars about, so assuming it's not in use at the moment....if it is, please forgive the photographer.....





A happy cheerful sign. I asked my friend to translate thinking it might be food......nope, it's for a rest home just around the corner. I'm hoping it's as cheerful as its sign makes it out to be.





Apparently I was walking in Oirase Town....which blends in nicely with Misawa, I never really know where I am.













The red house I like. It reminds me of my grandmother's red house. Of course hers was out in the country, nearest neighbor a good stones throw away, not right out the back stoop as this one is. But I could just picture it out away from everything else and all would be right.





Nope, not a real dog. Just "his master's voice". I see them round about in this area.
Going to go lay down now....see, I ramble no matter how I feel.