Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tsunami

March 1 2010: Well, yesterday we were under tsunami warnings. Our impact time was for around 1:30pm local time. As much as I wanted to go to a vantage point to watch, common sense prevailed. Though a friend of mine went. She said there was nothing to see. The waves looked the same, couldn't even see a change in the water level....so no pictures. Except these pictures, which were taken last year. (Just wanted you all to have a visual of what it may have looked like yesterday)
I think that was the biggest excitement of the week! If today were a warmer day, I would head down to the beach to see if anything neat washed ashore. But it's cold and a bit breezy and there is far to much housework to be done. I must get everything all caught up, as Wednesday I have to have a dental procedure (boo hiss). And that will be the big excitement for this week.
But all safe here, didn't even get our toes wet.