Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 10 2011

January 10- Well, look! It's the one healthy member of our little family out enjoying the playground on a snowy day! The new year started off with a bang for us. Shane is on pain killers for some mysterious back ailment (I'm thinking sciatica), but it's all guesses til the medical clinic can get him scheduled at the Japanese hospital for an MRI and compare them to his MRI of about 3 or 4 years ago. In the meantime, I have come down with a mild case of flu. I've been assured that it's mild since I got my flu shot this year....thank goodness it's "mild" since I feel more than a "little pewey" (as my father used to call it). Andi's been a good sport though, humoring her old parents.
We did finally get a somewhat decent snowfall. When we got here 2 years ago (Jan 4) there was about a foot on the ground. It's just finally gotten to that point this week.
We did get a short trip to the mall in this weekend. Andi was in dire need of another pair of snow boots. She plays outside in the snow for great lengths of time, and her poor boots just don't have time to dry out between rests. (4 sets of mittens, two pairs of snow pants, two jackets...and one pair of boots...where could I have gone wrong with the math?)
I've taken a picture of this used car lot before. This time Shane took the picture (remember he's on pain pills and can't drive....I'm just on Tylenol). If you look close, or click on the picture to make it bigger, you'll see the wipers are all raised in the air. This is a common occurrence here to lift the wipers if the car isn't in use. Keeps ice from forming on the wipers and saves you from breaking the wipers as you're scraping ice off the windshield. Of course now and then you do see a car being driven about with the wipers still raised...
All right. A short blog, without much excitement...but I need a nap now!