Sunday, January 10, 2010

SNOW!

January 10 2010: Finally! At last we woke up to snow! Only a couple of inches, but, hey, we'll take what we can get (which is nothing compared to the states). By 8 am Andi was begging to go out. I had her wait it out til 9 am. Then, somehow, she conned me into shoveling the driveway into one pile to start fort construction. I shoveled, but not enough snow. So, since they don't plow the streets, I did a good section of our street, to get the meager material for the fort. It wasn't a big one, but it worked. By the time I was done, around 10, the sun was in and out, and temps had warmed up. So melting began. Andi ran and got the neighbor boy, and before long, one other neighbor boy was out. They had a great time, the boys on their three wheelers, Andi running a snowball supply hut from the fort. The boys informed me next time it needed to be bigger...no problem, as long as there is more snow.
This morning, the 11th, the snow is all but gone. Hopefully there'll be more. Brown grass is just no fun to look at (never mind the fact that my grass was brown through the whole summer and is in fact dead)
And that was the excitement for the week. Aside from the fact that I am still in sync with my New Year's resolutions, there really has been no big news. Must find a food festival somwhere....